Here in this post, apart from JBC Impact Factor, I have tried to compile all the necessary information a research scholar would seek before publishing an article in the journal.
About JBC Journal
The Journal of Biological Chemistry (JBC) is a weekly peer-reviewed scientific journal that was established in 1905.
Since 1925, it is published by the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. It covers research in the areas of biochemistry and molecular biology.
JBC Impact Factor
Impact Factor (IF) or often called journal impact factor (JIF) is an index provided by an analytics company named Clarivate. The impact factor is calculated by dividing the number of times the articles are cited in the last two years by the total number of publications in those two years.
- Total Citations in 2020 and 2021 = 500
- Total Number of Publications in 2020 and 2021 = 100
- Impact Factor of the Journal in 2022 = 500/100 = 5
JBC Nature Impact Factor (2017-2022)
- JBC Impact Factor 2017 – 5.157
- JBC Impact Factor 2018 – 4.238
- JBC Impact Factor 2019 – 4.106
- JBC Impact Factor 2020 – 4.010
- JBC Impact Factor 2021 – 5.486 (updated 29 June 2022)
JBC Impact Factor 2022
The h index is a metric for evaluating the cumulative impact of an author’s scholarly output and performance; measures quantity with quality by comparing publications to citations.
The h index of JBC Journal is 528, which means among all the published articles in this journal, 528 of these publications have received at least 528 citations each.
JBC Journal Metrics
CiteScore (CS) of an academic journal is a measure reflecting the yearly average number of citations to recent articles published in that journal.
JBC SCImago Rank
The SCImago Journal Rank (SJR) indicator is a measure of the scientific influence of scholarly journals that accounts for both the number of citations received by a journal and the importance or prestige of the journals where the citations come from.
|Year||SCImago Journal Rank (SJR)|
JBC Editorial Board Members
Below are the latest editorial board members of JBC
|Toker, Alex||Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center||Editor-in-Chief|
|Dohlman, Henrik||University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine||Deputy Editor|
|Banerjee, Ruma||University of Michigan Medical School||Associate Editor|
|Brady, Donita||Associate EditorUniversity of Pennsylvania||Associate Editor|
|Cameron, Craig||University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Gillings School of Global Public Health||Associate Editor|
|Colbran, Roger||Vanderbilt University||Associate Editor|
|Coulson, Elizabeth||The University of Queensland||Associate Editor|
|Cresswell, Peter||Yale University||Associate Editor|
|De La Cruz, Enrique||Yale University||Associate Editor|
|DeMartino, George||Southwestern Medical Center||Associate Editor|
|Fearon, Eric||University of Michigan||Associate Editor|
|Fleming, Karen||Johns Hopkins University – Homewood Campus: Johns Hopkins University||Associate Editor|
|Guengerich, F.||Vanderbilt University School of Medicine||Associate Editor|
|Haltiwanger, Robert||University of Georgia||Associate Editor|
|Hanson, Phyllis||University of Michigan School of Medicine||Associate Editor|
|Jakob, Ursula||University of Michigan||Associate Editor|
|Jez, Joseph||Washington University in St. Louis||Associate Editor|
|Martemyanov, Kirill||Scripps Florida||Associate Editor|
|Musier-Forsyth, Karin||The Ohio State University||Associate Editor|
|Peti, Wolfgang||University of Connecticut Health Center: UConn Health||Associate Editor|
|Shipston, Michael||The University of Edinburgh||Associate Editor|
|Strahl, Brian||UNC-Chapel Hill: The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill||Associate Editor|
|Sung, Patrick||University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio||Associate Editor|
|Tang, Qi-Qun||Fudan University||Associate Editor|
|Voelker, Dennis||National Jewish Health||Associate Editor|
|Wek, Ronald||Indiana University School of Medicine||Associate Editor|
|Whitfield, Chris||University of Guelph||Associate Editor|
JBC Publication Fee
JBC is an open-access journal. The APC charge for JBC is USD 2000, for Society members and USD 2500 for non-members, excluding taxes.
JBC Review Time
JBC prioritizes rapid publication
|Initial decision to review – Accelerated article||12 days after submission|
|Initial decision to review – Regular article||21 days|
JBC Reference Style
JBC, uses a complete citation format that includes all authors, full titles of journal articles, the journal abbreviation, the volume, the first and last page, and the year of publication.
- Mukherjee, A. K., Sharma, S., Bagri, S., Kutum, R., Kumar, P., Hussain, A., et al. (2019) Telomere repeat-binding factor 2 binds extensively to extra-telomeric G-quadruplexes and regulates the epigenetic status of several gene promoters. J Biol Chem. 294, 17709-17722
- Sambrook, J., Fritsch, E. F., and Maniatis, T. (1989) Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual, 2nd Ed., Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, New York
- Ramachandran, A., Summerville, L., Learn, B. A., DeBell, L., and Bailey, S. (December 30, 2019) Processing and integration of functionally oriented prespacers in the E. coli CRISPR system depends on bacterial host exonucleases. J Biol Chem. 10.1074/jbc.RA119.012196
- Farrell, C. (1992) The Role of SecB During Protein Export in Escherichia coli. Ph.D. thesis, The Johns Hopkins University
- [dataset] Archer, C. R., Enslow, B. T., Taylor, A. B., De la Rosa, V., Bhattacharya, A., Shapiro, M. S. (2019) Crystal structure of the Ca2+/CaM complex with independent peptides of Kv7.4 (KCNQ4) A & B domains. Protein Data Bank. 6N5W.
- [preprint] Chen, J. J., Nathaniel, D. L., Raghavan, P., Nelson, M., Tian, R., Tse, E., et al. (2019) Compromised function of an ESCRT complex promotes endolysosomal escape of tau seeds and propagation of tau aggregation. bioRxiv. 10.1101/637785
JBC Endnote Style
The ISO 4 standard abbreviation for abstracting, indexing and referencing purposes of JBC is “J BIOL CHEM“
JBC Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate of a journal is the ratio of the number of articles submitted to the number of articles published.
The average acceptance rate of JBC is not known.
However, in one of the articles published in JBC, the editor quote that “At JBC, only a small fraction of submitted papers (less than 10%) are not recommended for review“
JBC Indexed in
Science is indexed in Scopus, SCImago, Web of Science, and UGC journal ranking