Here in this post, apart from JAMA Impact Factor, I have tried to compile all the necessary information a research scholar would seek before publishing an article in the journal.
About JAMA Journal
The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) is a peer-reviewed medical journal published 48 times a year by the American Medical Association.
It publishes original research, reviews, and editorials covering all aspects of biomedicine
JAMA Impact Factor
Impact Factor (IF) or often called journal impact factor (JIF) is an index provided by an analytics company named Clarivate. The impact factor is calculated by dividing the number of times the articles are cited in the last two years by the total number of publications in those two years.
- Total Citations in 2020 and 2021 = 500
- Total Number of Publications in 2020 and 2021 = 100
- Impact Factor of the Journal in 2022 = 500/100 = 5
JAMA Impact Factor (2017-2022)
- JAMA Impact Factor 2017 – 47.661
- JAMA Impact Factor 2018 – 51.273
- JAMA Impact Factor 2019 – 45.540
- JAMA Impact Factor 2020 – 56.272
- JAMA Impact Factor 2021 – NA (updated in June 2022)
JAMA Impact Factor 2022
The h index is a metric for evaluating the cumulative impact of an author’s scholarly output and performance; measures quantity with quality by comparing publications to citations.
The h index of JAMA Journal is 709, which means among all the published articles in this journal, 709 of these publications have received at least 709 citations each.
JAMA Journal Metrics
CiteScore (CS) of an academic journal is a measure reflecting the yearly average number of citations to recent articles published in that journal.
|Cites / Doc. (3 years)||2018||7.475|
|Cites / Doc. (3 years)||2019||7.148|
|Cites / Doc. (3 years)||2020||6.175|
|Cites / Doc. (3 years)||2021||12.280|
|Cites / Doc. (2 years)||2018||7.587|
|Cites / Doc. (2 years)||2019||5.668|
|Cites / Doc. (2 years)||2020||5.737|
|Cites / Doc. (2 years)||2021||14.891|
JAMA SCImago Rank
The SCImago Journal Rank (SJR) indicator is a measure of the scientific influence of scholarly journals that accounts for both the number of citations received by a journal and the importance or prestige of the journals where the citations come from.
|Year||SCImago Journal Rank (SJR)|
JAMA Editorial Board Members
- Editor in Chief – Howard Bauchner, MD
- Executive Editor – Phil B. Fontanarosa, MD, MBA
- Deputy Editors – Michael Berkwits, MD, MSCE (Electronic Editor), Gregory Curfman, MD (Author Outreach), Robert M. Golub, MD (Scientific Content), Edward H. Livingston, MD (Clinical Reviews and Education), Mary McGrae McDermott, MD (Clinical Reviews and Education); Jody W. Zylke, MD (Letters Editor)
- Executive Managing Editor – Annette Flanagin
- Managing Editor – Stacy L. Christiansen
- Senior Editors – Philip Greenland, MD, Christopher C. Muth, MD
- Associate Editors – Derek C. Angus, MD, MPH, Ethan Basch, MD, Linda Brubaker, MD, Rafael Campo, MD, MA, Anne Rentoumis Cappola, MD, ScM, Thomas B. Cole, MD, MPH, Carolyn J. Crandall, MD, MS, W. Gregory Feero, MD, PhD, Donald C. Goff, MD, Jill Jin, MD, MPH, Karen E. Joynt Maddox, MD, MPH, Demetrios N. Kyriacou, MD, PhD, Preeti N. Malani, MD, MSJ, David H. Mark, MD, MPH, George T. O’Connor, MD, MS, Eric D. Peterson, MD, MPH, Richard Saitz, MD, MPH, Jeffrey L. Saver, MD, Deborah Schrag, MD, MPH, David Schriger, MD, MPH, Wolfgang C. Winkelmayer, MD, MPH, ScD
JAMA Publication Fee
JAMA is an open-access journal. The publication fee for JAMA is US$3,000 (excluding taxes).
JAMA Review Time
JAMA prioritizes rapid publication and because its an open access journal, the papers are immediately available upon publication to the research community and beyond.
|Submission to First Decision||3 days|
|Submission to first post-review decision||31 days|
|Accept to online publication||15 days|
JAMA Reference Style
Examples of reference style:
- Youngster I, Russell GH, Pindar C, Ziv-Baran T, Sauk J, Hohmann EL. Oral, capsulized, frozen fecal microbiota transplantation for relapsing Clostridium difficileinfection. JAMA. 2014;312(17):1772-1778.
- Murray CJL. Maximizing antiretroviral therapy in developing countries: the dual challenge of efficiency and quality [published online December 1, 2014]. JAMA. doi:10.1001/jama.2014.16376
JAMA Endnote Style
The ISO 4 standard abbreviation for abstracting, indexing and referencing purposes of JAMA is “JAMA-J AM MED ASSOC“
JAMA Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate of a journal is the ratio of the number of articles submitted to the number of articles published.
The average acceptance rate of JAMA journal is 8%
JAMA Indexed in
Science is indexed in Scopus, SCImago, Web of Science, and UGC journal ranking