Here in this post, apart from Science Translational Medicine Impact Factor, I have tried to compile all the necessary information a research scholar would seek before publishing an article in the journal.
About Science Translational Medicine Journal
Science Translational Medicine is an interdisciplinary medical journal established in October 2009 by the American Association for the Advancement of Science. It covers basic, translational, and clinical research on human diseases.
Science Translational Medicine Impact Factor
Impact Factor (IF) or often called journal impact factor (JIF) is an index provided by an analytics company named Clarivate. The impact factor is calculated by dividing the number of times the articles are cited in the last two years by the total number of publications in those two years.
- Total Citations in 2020 and 2021 = 500
- Total Number of Publications in 2020 and 2021 = 100
- Impact Factor of the Journal in 2022 = 500/100 = 5
Science Translational Medicine Nature Impact Factor (2019-2022)
- Science Translational Medicine Impact Factor 2017 – 16.710
- Science Translational Medicine Impact Factor 2018 – 17.161
- Science Translational Medicine Impact Factor 2019 – 16.304
- Science Translational Medicine Impact Factor 2020 – 17.956
- Science Translational Medicine Impact Factor 2021 – 19.319 (updated 29 June 2022)
Science Translational Medicine Impact Factor 2022 – coming soon
Science Translational Medicine H-index
The h index is a metric for evaluating the cumulative impact of an author’s scholarly output and performance; measures quantity with quality by comparing publications to citations.
The h index of Science Translational Medicine Journal is 242, which means among all the published articles in this journal, 242 of these publications have received at least 242 citations each.
Science Translational Medicine Journal Metrics
Science Translational Medicine CiteScore
CiteScore (CS) of an academic journal is a measure reflecting the yearly average number of citations to recent articles published in that journal.
Science Translational Medicine SCImago Rank
The SCImago Journal Rank (SJR) indicator is a measure of the scientific influence of scholarly journals that accounts for both the number of citations received by a journal and the importance or prestige of the journals where the citations come from.
|Year||SCImago Journal Rank (SJR)|
Science Translational Medicine Editorial Board Members
Below are the latest editorial board members of Science Translational Medicine
Orla M. Smith, Ph.D.
- Caitlin A. Czajka, Ph.D.
- Melissa Norton, M.D.
- Catherine A. Charneski, Ph.D.
- Christiana N. Fogg, Ph.D.
- Dorothy L. Hallberg, Ph.D.
- Courtney S. Malo, Ph.D.
- Mattia Maroso, Ph.D.
Science Translational Medicine Publication Fee
Science Translational Medicine is an open-access journal. STM charges $300 per figure published in the main paper. The fee is the same for colour or black and white figures. There is no charge for figures in Supplementary
Science Translational Medicine Review Time
Science Translational Medicine prioritizes rapid publication and uses single-blind peer review, which is standard across Cell Press journals.
|Initial decision to review||6 days after submission|
|Submission to 1st Post-Review Decision (Days)||73 days|
|Submission to Acceptance (Days)||183 days|
|Accept to Publish (Days)||29 days|
Science Translational Medicine Reference Style
Science Translational Medicine, uses a complete citation format that includes all authors, full titles of journal articles, the journal abbreviation, the volume, the first and last page, and the year of publication.
- E. J. Neer, T. Kozasa, Sites for Gα binding on the G protein β subunit overlap with sites for regulation of phospholipase Cb and adenylyl cyclase. J. Biol. Chem. 273, 16265-16272 (1998).
When published in Science’s First Release but not yet in print:
- W. Jones, B. Smith, Location and function of DNA binding proteins. Science 20 December 2000 (10.4444/science.1054678).
When published in Science’s First Release and in print:
- W. Jones, B. Smith, Location and function of DNA binding proteins. Science 252, 1056 (2001); published online 20 December 2000 (10.4444/science.1054678).
- D. E. Shaw, Technical Report CUCS-29-82 (Columbia University, New York, 1982).
- Title of Symposium Published as a Book, sponsoring organization, city and state of meeting, inclusive dates and year (publisher, publisher’s city and state, year).
Paper presented at a meeting (not published)
- M. Konishi, paper presented at the 14th Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience, Anaheim, CA, 10 to 14 October 1984. [sponsoring organization should be mentioned if it is not part of the meeting name]
Theses and unpublished material
- B. Smith, thesis, Georgetown University, Washington, DC (1973).
- A. M. Lister, Fundamentals of Operating Systems (Springer-Verlag, New York, ed. 3, 1984). [third edition]
Science Translational Medicine Endnote Style
You can download the Science Translational Medicine Endnote Style and Science Translational Medicine Zotero Style
Science Translational Medicine Abbreviation
The ISO 4 standard abbreviation for abstracting, indexing and referencing purposes of Science Translational Medicine is “SCI TRANSL MED“
Science Translational Medicine Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate of a journal is the ratio of the number of articles submitted to the number of articles published.
The average acceptance rate of Science Translational Medicine journal is 6.4%
Science Translational Medicine Indexed in
Science is indexed in Scopus, SCImago, Web of Science, and UGC journal ranking